Social media

Forum

Book Club: John Brown by WEB DuBois (Next Meeting 3/3 6:00 PM)

At the first meeting, we got used to the software. I think all but one person was successful in getting into the room and talking. (I'll try to get the one person on, and stable.) We determined a format for the future meetings, to be between 30 and 45 minutes, starting with a summary, and followed by discussion. The meeting will then conclude, and people can keep chatting, socializing, discussing.

Next meeting is 12/22 at 6PM in the Spatial chat room and will cover chapters 1-3.

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

Report from 2nd meeting, 12/22.

Teka volunteered to summarize for the next meeting.

We will try a 6:30PM meeting time to allow people to complete other meetings.

The meeting ran over a bit, ending at 6:55 rather than the hoped-for 6:45. I forgot to take attendance but there were around 10 people.

I am going to try to make it next time. I missed it.

The chapter 1-3 meeting was pretty well attended. It started a little bit late, and went on to around 6:50. We decided to shift the meeting time to 6:30. Teka volunteered to do the summary for Chapter 4.

Some self-criticism: I think my notes were too long, and I didn't do a good job gathering a stack of discussion topics for post-meeting.

Apologies for not updating here so often. Please join up with the Discord chat, where people are sharing some great links and book-related resources, and notes. Email landofziploc@gmail.com or geekout on Messenger and I'll send an invitation. (Try using this one - it will be good for a day: https://discord.gg/e6xwwjpK )

The meetings continue to be on Tuesday nights, on the Spatial chat at https://spatial.chat/s/johnbrownbookclub

%d bloggers like this: